Thursday, August 20, 2015

Hello! I am so excited to get to share a couple of projects with you today using the beautiful Poolside collection.



While this line is pool and summer-inspired it can be used for a variety of themes, a must in my book since I don't tend to create a lot of "themey"layouts.

My first project is this card, created using strips of patterned paper in varying widths and then layering lots of embellisments on top to create dimension, one of my favorite things to do.


After adhering the strips of patterned paper to my card base I added a paper doily heart from my craft supply and then layered two chipboard frames using foam adhesive. I then layered additional embellishments including stickers, chipboard shapes and a gold sequin heart. 

I tend to scrap mostly layouts, and I have one of those to share with you today as well: 



Because the Poolside collection has so many beautiful patterned papers I wanted to include many of them on this scrapbook page.  I chose the patterned papers from the collection that I wanted to use for my page background, cut them in varying widths and added them to my cardstock base. I then ran my fingernail along the long edge of each strip to help the edges "stand up" and give more dimension to my page. From there I added a triangular shaped piece from the "Sun N Fun" patterned paper and adhered that to the left side of my page using dimensional adhesive. After that I added my photos and a variety of embellishments to finish off the page.


One of the things I love most about creating with Crate Paper lines is that there is so much variety and so many versatile pieces that can be used in not only "themed" pages but for everyday projects as well. 

Thanks so much for stopping by today!

No comments: